Sunday, October 16, 2005

Make it Santori time...

I finished this week work on my Santori assignment... I refined my blocking, especially I've removed from the animation a lot of stuff, above all some expressions and some extra poses that weren't necessary and that made the animation less clear. All the feedback I've received from the students, from Doug Dooley and Randy Haycock, was about the fact that the more a character is "cool", the less he moves... and so I've tryed to make it more subtle... there's only one pose for the body, one head turn, one gesture and the glass.
The other issue is to keep the model in shape, keep the volumes (grazie Mauro!): for me this is a very difficult part of hand drawn animation, that in 3d doesn't even exist.
Now the character is less similar to Jafar, because he speaks with a lot of squash and stretch and it's awesome but he doesn't fit to my character. So I think that I added some Lee Van Cliff, some System of a Down and maybe some of me (you always appear in your works!).

Santori

No comments: